Saturday, March 26, 2011

Print Competition Results and Latest Happenings

I attended the annual New Hampshire Professional Photographer's Association(NHPPA) conference and state print competition. Always fun and filled with educational classes to continue to grow my skills. And the results are in... Turns out I entered three prints in competition and if you look at my previous blog when I was deciding what to enter, a couple of these are different versions. I am proud to announce that I received a blue ribbon (deserving of merit category) for the spiral staircase, and a red ribbon (above average professional) for the other two images. Always a great learning experience!

I am also proud to announce that I was sworn in as NHPPA's 1st Vice President. My current term as 2nd Vice President will finish the end of May and this 1st VP role starts the first of June! It comes with the task of finding a winter seminar speaker for winter 2012, and finding a great line up of conference speakers for next year's conference. I'll be busy, but it will be a fun journey!







LATEST HAPPENINGS!

What a treat to do a high school senior session in the winter! Typically they are all done by fall due to the school deadlines. This was fun and we even went out in the snow at her suggestion to take photos by a rock wall in their yard! Not only did we have a fun session doing her senior portraits, but the whole family got involved with a family portrait!






LOCAL BASKETBALL LEAGUE

I photographed the local basketball league this winter. What fun! Always good to see all the kids and get them to smile. The ones I know real well I don't cut any slack because I know what great smiles they're capable of! It was even more of a thrill because in between photographing the teams, I got to watch all the games. Our teams worked hard all season and looked great out there on the court! Kudos to the coaches for all the guidance and skills they gave these kids!



No comments: