Friday, August 12, 2016

I'm Now Certified!

The Process:
 The road to becoming a Certified Professional Photographer (CPP) is not an easy one. 
It requires an intensive written exam for which I spent several months studying. 
You must pass the exam in order to move on to the second challenge, image evaluation.
Candidates must submit a total of 15 images showing very specific technical and artistic knowledge.
My heart was pounding when I received my results email. At first I couldn't open it!
My Mom was with me and couldn't believe I wasn't opening it.
When I received the first email results on the exam part, it was also intense to open,
but after the image submission, this was it...either I was a new CPP or I'd have to resubmit.
The title of this blog entry already reveals, the results were positive, and I was ecstatic!
I'd passed!!! 

What is it?
Just like an accountant earns their CPA, or an engineer their PE, this is an industry standard of
artistic and technical achievement.
CPP provides that added assurance, not just of quality, but technical skill and artistic expertise.  
Once earned, it must be renewed on a periodic basis with proven face-to-face continuing education or teaching, ensuring continued confidence in the professionalism of Certified Professional Photographers.

Why pursue it?
I pursued it for the personal challenge, and in an industry where anyone can say they're a photographer, even a professional photographer, I pursued it so that my clients would have that added assurance. This is my full-time profession and my passion and I have been dedicated to continuing education for decades to further my skills.
As of this writing, I am one of only 17 in the State of NH and less than 2500 nation wide...
and proud to now be a

No comments: