Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Flowers and Herbs - Close Up!

Well, if you look at the last few images from my previous blog entry, I took some flower images after a portrait shoot. I took those images with a very long lens - not one that was condusive of close-ups. So I was itchin' to get closer!! With the help of a 60mm macro lens, I went to this beautiful herb garden and had some fun in the rain! The water droplets added an extra element of beauty to the flowers. Oh what fun...

Not sure what this was. Although a lot of the flowers and herbs were labelled, this was not. I loved how the rain drops outlined the edges of the leaves.



There were several areas where the stalks were braided - interesting.



Had some fun with these Foxglove stalks.





There's a beautiful dirt road lined with lavender and various flowering herbs that I had to capture.







This image doesn't do the size of this spider's web justice!

No comments: