Sunday, April 5, 2009

Never Stop Learning!

"One of the things that may get in the way of people being lifelong learners is that they’re not in touch with their passion. If you’re passionate about what it is you do, then you’re going to be looking for everything you can to get better at it." - Jack Canfield

I just returned from a week-long course study in Lifestyle Portraiture at the New England Institute of Professional Photography (NEIPP) and this quote above sums up why it is so vital to never stop learning! There is no doubt in my mind that photography is my passion and I yearn to continue to develop a style of soft, gentle, natural, elegant images for my clients.

This is the third year I have attended this school. Each year there are close to a dozen instructors offering a variety of topics. I remember a conversation I had with the Executive Director of the school who said "the instructors that teach at NEIPP do not earn their wings here, they're already in flight". This year I chose to study with world renoun photographer, Elizabeth Homan. Her photographic style is beautiful and she is genuinely caring to her clients as well as her students. She gave us a wealth of information and taught us lots of creative techniques to create more elegant and refined posing in our own work. The week is very intense but very exciting and uplifting. There is something special about being surrounded by others who share your passion!

The images that follow are some of my favorites that I had taken during the demonstration sessions we had throughout the week. I am so very excited for my own clients to reap the benefits of all the ideas and techniques I have come away with from this wondeful class!














No comments: